Education & Support Groups
To view this week's
menu, Click HERE...
|The main focus of Windom Area Hospital's quality program is a positive outcome for our customers.|
Quality improvement initiatives or projects are chosen based on Windom Area Hospital, Sanford Health, and national priorities in health care.
Windom Area Hospital specific quality initiatives include:
- Evaluation and follow-up of patient satisfaction surveys areas of concern
- Evaluation and prompt follow-up to all patient and/or family concerns
- Follow-up to employee concerns
- Departmental specific improvement projects
- Patient safety projects such as fall prevention, medication reconciliation and preventative skin care programs
WAH and Sanford Health collaborative initiatives include:
- Elimination of inappropriate abbreviations
- Influenza and Pneumococcal vaccination services
- Rural Organizational Safety Culture
Governmental initiatives that WAH participates in include:
- 100,000 lives campaign (To reduce medical errors)
- Adverse event reporting with investigation into cause and development of action plan to prevent future events
- Medicare improvement of care for patients with:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Failure
- Surgical Infection Prevention
Quality health care is of greatest importance and the ultimate goal of positive patient outcomes is shared among all levels of health care.