Education & Support Groups
Windom Area Hospital Foundation
2015 Scholarship Applications Available!
2015 Scholarship Applications Available NOW!
1. Windom Area Hospital Foundation will award several $1000.00 scholarships to students expressing an interest in a healthcare profession. Students must have a grade point average of 3.0, OR be officially accepted into a healthcare program in order to be eligible for the scholarships. Scholarships are not tied to an employment commitment.
2. All applications must be neatly typed or printed in blue or black ink.
3. In addition, applicants may be eligible for an additional scholarship from Sanford Health Network. For those students who meet the criteria for the Sanford Health Network Scholarship, Windom Area Hospital will forward your application on to Sanford. While this is a separate process and award, only one application is required in order to be considered for both. The criteria for Sanford is described on the first page of the application. You MAY apply for the Windom scholarship, even if you do not qualify for the Sanford portion. Both scholarship awards are for one year only. All applicants must resubmit an application each year they wish to apply.
4. In order to be considered for these scholarships, applicants need to:
-Completed application (with required documentation)
-Proof of enrollment from the institution
-Official transcript (original document) of grades from your last completed semester of study at your most recently attended educational facility -- must include cumulative GPA.
-Scholarship essay addressing all of the following (please provide on a separate sheet of paper):
•Reasons for choosing a healthcare profession
•Career goals after graduation and how the scholarship will help you achieve them
•Extracurricular activities and community involvement
-Three professional references (using form provided)
5.The completed application must be received by the Windom Area Hospital Foundation, Attention Emily Masters, PO Box 339, Windom, MN 56101 on or before, Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
6. The Windom Area Hospital Foundation and the Sanford Foundation will make the final decision of the respective scholarship recipients. Awards will be announced in late April (WAH Scholarships) or early May (Sanford Scholarships) with funds distributed in September.
7. We are asking that those students who are selected for the scholarships commit to a group photograph of the recipients, which is scheduled for Monday, April 27th, at 5:15. Participating in the photo is strongly recommended, but is not a prerequisite for scholarship consideration.